Going from Ancona to Split? The three ferry companies handling the route are BlueLine, SNAV and Jadrolinija. The connection works all year with greater frequency in summer. Notice that Bluelines runs from March to November.
Subscribe to my newsletter and you'll be notified when all schedules are available.
From April to October Ancona to Split departs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm and Saturday at 10pm with additional departures June through August.
The Split to Ancona ferry departs Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8pm and Saturday at 11pm with additional departures June through August.
There is no substantial difference in on-board services among the various operators. Click here for more on on-board accommodation for Jadrolinija ferries.
As with any international car ferry, I strongly recommend that you book it in advance even if you do not have a car in order to have your choice of accommodation. In order to book the car ferry, follow these easy steps:
1. Select your departure port (Ancona or Split)
2. Select your arrival port (Ancona or Split)
3. Select the month and dates of your departure; Note that there is a 20% reduction on the return portion of a round-trip ticket
4. Select your desired accommodation; Note that some accommodation may not be available on some departures.
5. Choose your vehicle make, model and, if applicable, the plate number. If you do not know the plate number (i.e. for a rental car) simply enter "rental" in the space provided; you can notify the company later when you know the number
6. Follow instructions for paying by credit card and await your email confirmation and ticket which will be emailed to you.
Arrive two hours before embarkment. Bring your passport or other identifying document (see Croatia border formalities) and proceed directly to the Jadrolinija, Blue Line or SNAV stall of the main ferry terminal. You will receive your boarding documents and information about the location and boarding time of your ferry. You will then be directed to pass through passport control.
It’s Back! Island-Hopping Ferry Officially Returns 04/11/2017
Krilo company just confirmed that the popular Split-Milna-Hvar-Korcula-Hvar-Mljet passenger ferry will start on More.
New Split to Dubrovnik Catamaran 2017 03/27/2017
Island-hopping in Croatia just got easier! There's a brand new passenger ferry that will connect Split and Dubrovnik via Hvar, Korcula and Bol (Brac island). More.
Split-Dubrovnik Catamaran 2016 02/17/2016
The new timetable is finally here for the Split-Brac-Hvar-Korcula-Mljet-Dubrovnik seasonal catamaran. More.
BREAKING: Pescara Ferries Cancelled! 02/05/2016
A spokeswoman for SNAV just confirmed to Croatia Traveller that the passenger ferry that connected Pescara, Italy with Croatia will not run this summer. But there are alternatives! More.
©CroatiaTraveller 2005-2017 All rights reserved