Bean soup (Jota)
200g white beans
250g potatoes, cubed
500g dried spareribs
100g bacon, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 bay leaves
2 tblsp fresh finely chopped parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
- Soak the beans overnight then put in a large pot of cold water and
bring to a boil. Cook for about 1/2 hour.
- Cook the sauerkraut with the dried spareribs in a large pot
- While the beans are still slightly hard, add to the sauerkraut and
spareribs along with the cooking water.
- Add the bay leaf, bacon, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper.
- When the beans and spareribs are nearly done add the potatoes.
- When all is done, remove the meat and serve separately from the
on this recipe!
comments powered by
Back to Top
©CroatiaTraveller 2005-2020 All rights reserved