COMPARE TIMETABLES AND BOOK ONLINE
Going from Ancona to Split? The two ferry companies handling the route are SNAV and Jadrolinija. The connection works all year with greater frequency in summer.
From April to October Ancona to Split departs Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm and Saturday at 10pm with additional departures June through August.
The Split to Ancona ferry departs Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8pm and Saturday at 11am with additional departures June through August.
There is no substantial difference in on-board services between the various operators. Click here for more on on-board accommodation for Jadrolinija ferries.
As with any international car ferry, I strongly recommend that you book it in advance even if you do not have a car in order to have your choice of accommodation. In order to book the car ferry, follow these easy steps:
1. Select your departure port (Ancona or Split)
2. Select your arrival port (Ancona or Split)
3. Select the month and dates of your departure; Note that there is a 20% reduction on the return portion of a round-trip ticket
4. Select your desired accommodation; Note that some accommodation may not be available on some departures.
5. Choose your vehicle make, model and, if applicable, the plate number. If you do not know the plate number (i.e. for a rental car) simply enter "rental" in the space provided; you can notify the company later when you know the number
6. Follow instructions for paying by credit card and await your email confirmation and ticket which will be emailed to you.
Arrive two hours before embarkment. Bring your passport or other identifying document (see Croatia border formalities) and proceed directly to the Jadrolinija, Blue Line or SNAV stall of the main ferry terminal. You will receive your boarding documents and information about the location and boarding time of your ferry. You will then be directed to pass through passport control.
Essential Ferry News 2019
This year several new ferry lines make it easier to stay boat-bound and get around Croatia. Are you flying into Split airport? There are many ways to get to Split from the airport but one of the most pleasant is to take a new passenger ferry that will whisk you into town in 20 minutes. The service is handled by Catamaran Line and runs from 15 May to 15 September. For those looking for an easy connection to the nearby islands of Brac, Hvar or Korcula, this ferry is particularly useful as you’ll be right at the port. Schedules and … Continue reading → More.
10 New Things in Croatia for 2019
From new flights, ferries and hotels to better crowd control in Croatia's most popular destinations, here's what you need to know in 2019. More.
New Ferry From Split to the Islands
Day trips from Split to Croatia's most beautiful islands are now easier than ever. A brand new passenger ferry service is scheduled to start in mid-June and run until mid-September. More.
It’s Back! Island-Hopping Ferry Officially Returns
Krilo company just confirmed that the popular Split-Milna-Hvar-Korcula-Hvar-Mljet passenger ferry will start on More.
More from Croatia Traveller
My Favorite Travel Accessories
©CroatiaTraveller 2005-2019 All rights reserved